The new site was opened in March 2002 at a cost of
CY£30.000. The area that the site covers is 1600
square metres. It is situated on Sovereign Based Territory
and has to meet all British health regulations and undergo
The New Site has been purposely built for the cats.
It has taken a lot of fund raising and hard work to
achieve this but it is considered as having been well
worth the effort. The Sanctuary now has the luxury of
mains water and electricity, which was unavailable at
the old site.
There is a wooden Pergola-style building, which is
sleeping area. Inside, it is fitted with an array
of cat boxes and mini-duvets for real feline comfort!
The kittens have their own feeding / sleeping areas
and these are near the hospital / quarantine building.
These buildings are obviously used for the sick cats
and kittens. The quarantine building is used for abandoned
cats / kittens, where they can be observed closely for
ill health etc., before being released into the main
Another wooden building houses the main feeding
area, which has a concrete floor and can be easily
There is a kitchen and records office and all the cats
are doubly enclosed for their safekeeping. Unlike the
old sanctuary unfortunately, the new site has to be
kept locked when there are no helpers/feeders on the
premises. This is for security reasons and of course
the safety of the cats.